Just tried out my delicious new breakfast recipe on our latest campervan trip to the Dorset coast – Apple & Cinnamon French Toast. French Toast (sometimes called Eggy Bread) is a great way to start the day as it is very satisfying and gives you enough energy to keep having adventures until lunchtime. Here is my pimped-up version that is outrageously luxurious…
- 2 slices of preferably day-old bread (use gluten-free bread if you are gluten intolerant)
- 4 eggs
- a splash of milk
- 2 dessert apples (chopped in to small pieces)
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- a knob of butter
- maple syrup
- double cream
How to Make
- Crack the eggs in to a large bowl and whisk with the milk
- Place the egg mixture in a flattish bowl/plate and let the bread slices soak in the mixture, turning after about 5 minutes
- In the meantime gently heat the butter in a frying pan and add the apples and cinnamon powder and fry until the apples are soft
- Remove the apples and, in the same pan, cook the eggy bread slices, turning after about 5 minutes to do the other side
- Put the cooked, eggy bread slices on a plate, cover with the apples and drizzle on some maple syrup and cream
I think French Toast (Eggy Bread) is one of the best breakfasts for camping life as it is so quick and easy and you don’t have a lot of greasy washing-up like you do with a full English cooked breakfast (although they are great too). I like it so much that I have decided to try out all sorts of different pimped-up versions that take French Toast to a whole other level and I’ll share the ones that I think work best with you in my BANG-ON BREAKFASTS series of blogs.
If you have your own favourite version of French Toast that you would like to share then please let me know in the comments section.
If you have enjoyed this blog please share with family, friends and the world. Ta!