I recently did a cooking demo at the Norfolk Motorhome Show and their favourite dish was my Spicy Black Bean Tacos with Avocado Crema which is one of my favourites, too. It’s quick and super tasty and made from ingredients that are easy to store in a campervan…
Spicy Black Beans
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- Black beans ( 2 x 230g packets or tins), drained
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tube of squeezy tomato salsa
- 2 tsps cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder (or more if you like it hot)
- 1 tbps runny honey
- 2 tbsps Philadelphia cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
How to Cook
- Add 2 tbsps olive oil to a frying pan on medium heat
- Add the onion and garlic and fry until soft
- Add the black beans, tomato salsa and cook for 2-3 minutes adding a little water if it is too thick
- Add the cumin and chilli powders and stir well
- Add the honey, Philadelphia cheese and salt and let it cook for another minute or so
- 1 large ripe avocado
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsps of natural yoghurt
- a good pinch of salt
- a handful of fresh coriander roughly chopped
TIP: When you buy a pot of living coriander from the supermarket, don’t throw it away when you have cut the top off. Plant it in the garden in a pot and it will grow again!
How to Prepare
- Scoop the flesh out of the avocado and put it in a bowl or large mug
- Add the lime juice and mash with a fork
- Add the garlic, yoghurt, salt and coriander and stir until you have a smooth crema
I prefer them in soft taco shells so I just fill the taco shell with the beans and top with the crema. Glyn likes the crunchy taco shells which he heats up in the oven if we are at home. You can add crunchy lettuce and tomatoes as well.
The beans and the avocado crema are also good in a wrap or in a quesadilla. I also like to put the crema on top of my toast for breakfast with some cream cheese or a poached egg. Enjoy!
One thought on “LUSCIOUS LUNCHES: Spicy Black Bean Tacos with Avocado Crema, oh my…”
Comments are closed.