This is an incredibly easy, one-pot pasta recipe that is great hot or cold. We love to cook this on the beach in the evening while we watch the sun go down with a glass of red wine.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- Small, new potatoes (skin on) chopped into quarters (half a kilo which is roughly half a bag)
- Fine Green Beans chopped into one inch long pieces (150g which is about half a bag)
- Dried pasta such as fusilli or penne (200g which is about a third of a bag)
- 1 pot of fresh Green Pesto (150g) or around 3 tablespoons of pesto from a jar.
How to Cook
- Heat around 1.5 litres of water in a large saucepan until boiling.
- Add the chopped potatoes to the water and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped green beans and the pasta to the water and let it cook for another 10 minutes.
- Drain the water off.
- Add the pesto to the saucepan and mix with the potatoes, beans and pasta until all are well coated.
- Serve in a bowl.
This dish is great served with crusty bread or a green salad. If you have any leftovers they keep well in the fridge and make a nice cold pasta accompaniment for barbecued meat or fish the next day.